Boris' latest fare rises are about to strike
Boris Johnson’s latest fare rises will strike London on 2nd January, bringing the total bus fare hike since 2008 to 50%.
This means a lot of travellers will be needing their own SACK BORIS oyster wallets, so we’ve got together with the TSSA union to print a special edition batch of new wallets to give away all over London.
We’ll be holding two action days in January during the morning and evening rush hours, so look out for us at your local stations on these days:
Tuesday 17th January
Thursday 26th January
If you can't wait, and want some of the new edition wallets now, you can order them by post with a small donation via the PayPal button opposite. Thanks to TSSA we have now been able to lower the minimum donation to £2 for a lovely multicoloured batch of five wallets.
Here are just a few examples of Boris Johnson's fare rises. For a full breakdown of the new fares starting 2 January see TfL's full listing here.
- An oyster bus fare is £1.35 from January - up 50% since 2008
- A weekly zone 1-6 travelcard is now £53.40 - up from £44.60 in 2008, an extra £457.60 a year
- A weekly zone 1-2 travelcard is now £260 a year more than in 2008
Fares are soaring, but the service is rubbish!
Delays and line closures have become a daily part of Londoners' lives in the past few years. And at the same time, Boris Johnson has wasted millions of pounds of our money on his pointless vanity projects:
- He said his cable car wouldn't cost the taxpayer anything, but the total cost to us is now running at £40 million
- He promised the bike scheme would be delivered on budget and be paid for with sponsorship, but we've spend £140 million so far, while Barclays the sponsor has promised just £25 million and delivered only a fraction of that.
- He promised a 'no strike deal' with the unions without having any idea how he'd go about negotiating or delivering it. In fact, the number of strike days has gone up under his 'leadership'. There were 6 days of tube strikes in 8 years under Ken Livingstone, and we have now had to put up with 18 days of disruption in the 3.5 years since Boris was elected
Twelve bead, originally beads schism could parallel to twelve uniting bead, again not creed bead lick further body of the primo nine bead bead fling.
Your share is really interesting and useful. Welcome to share more with us.
- RT @garydunion: On behalf of everyone at @sackboris2012 I confirm we can't bloody wait to run the I HATE SEBASTIAN COE 2016 campaign. #S ...
- FYI: Our sister campaign is selling off the last of its classic Alliance Against Urban 4x4s tshirts for just £5 each: http://t.co/gvr6sJRb
- RT @sophiescott: If someone currently on a 63 bus that's just left kings cross has lost their #sackboris oyster card holder, it's with t ...
- @tom_watson @richpeppiatt @dorkymum Hi Tom! We used @mediagang; they were very helpful indeed.